How to install the Print@Deakin service on your personal Windows computer
You can install Deakin's Managed Print Service, Print@Deakin, on your Windows personal computer using the following instructions.
- Do not use these instructions for a Deakin Desktop computer. This service is installed differently on staff and student lab workstations. Only use these instructions if you wish to print at Deakin from a Windows computer not managed by Deakin eSolutions.
- Please be aware, this is a two step process. Both steps must be completed - and the service must be actively running on your computer - for you to be able to print.
- Before using these instructions, ensure you are connected to the Deakin network. If you are not on a Deakin campus, establish a secure connection to the Deakin network using Junos Pulse.
- This process could take as long as 10 minutes to complete. Please be patient.
- You will not be able to print unless the PaperCut service is running on your computer. You will know it is running when the PaperCut icon is visible in the Windows system tray (see below). If required, you can launch it from the Start Menu.
Step 1 - Installing the printer driver and desktop gadget
1. Go to the Deakin Software Library.
2. Click Office Applications.
3. Under the Printers sub-heading, select PaperCut Print Client.
4. Select and download PaperCut Installer for Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.
5. Enter your Deakin username and password to download the installer.
6. Run the installer and follow the prompts, accepting all default settings.
Step 2 - Installing the print queue
You must be connected to the Deakin network. If you are off campus, you need to connect using Junos Pulse
1. Open a new Windows Explorer window.
2. Type the printer address that corresponds with your campus from the list below into the Windows Explorer address bar, then press Enter.
- Windows 7 - Click the Start icon, then click on Computer.
- Windows 8 - Press Windows key + C, this will display the Charms bar on the right hand side of the screen. In Search type File Explorer - click to open.
- Windows 8.1 - Right click on the Windows icon and select File Explorer.
- \\papercut-f.du.deakin.edu.au\deakin_geelong_printer_unauthenticated (for Waterfront and Waurn Ponds campuses)
Note: There is no progress bar displayed. This may give the appearance that this step is not working. It may take several minutes for the printer queue information to be pulled from the server to your computer. This is due to variables out of our control, such as network traffic and your machines specifications etc.
3. Enter your Deakin username and password when prompted. Please ensure you type 'du\' before your username to ensure you authenticate against the correct domain. For example: du\joeblogs.
Warning: You must check 'remember my credentials' in this step, otherwise the printer will appear offline after rebooting/logging off.
You should now have the new printer installed on your computer. Repeat the above steps if you want to add a print queue for a different campus.