Adding a print queue on a Deakin Desktop workstation (Mac OS X)
Note: Deakin Desktop Macs running OS X 10.9 Mavericks will have the print queue and driver pre-installed.
Install the print queue and driver
- Open Self Service from the dock. You can also perform a Spotlight search (use the magnifying glass located in the top right of the screen).
- Select Printers from the Categories section of the catalogue. Three print queues will be available in the Featured - Printers section; one for each campus location.
- PaperCut (Burwood)
- PaperCut (Geelong)
- PaperCut (Warrnambool)
- Click on the desired queue.
- Click Install on the description dialogue. The printer will take a moment to install. When the installation is complete, it will appear as Completed.
Change the default printer
- Open System Preferences.
- Select Print and Scan.
- Right click on the printer you wish to make default, and select Set default printer from the context menu.