Install Skype for Business (Lync) on your own computer (Windows)
This article describes how to install Skype for Business (Lync) on your own computer (one that is not managed by Deakin eSolutions).
Install the App
1. Download Lync from the Microsoft Download Center.
2. Open your Downloads folder, and run the lync.exe file.
3. Review the license terms and accept..
4. Click Install Now.
Note: This is a cut down version known as Lync Basic, not the full Skype for Business app. The full app can be installed as part of the bundle with Microsoft Office using the free installation through Office 365.
Sign in to the App
1. Open the Lync application - use the recommended settings.
2. Enter the Sign in address as your full Deakin email address;
- Staff - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student - email@example.com
3. Under User name, enter your Deakin username as "du\username".
4. Enter your Deakin password.
5. Click Sign In.