Reset your forgotten Deakin Staff password
When you change your Deakin password, you will also need to update the password for the Deakin services you have on your mobile device(s) (e.g. email, wi-fi).
If you do not change your password, the device will continually try and use the old password, and your account may be locked.
Using a Deakin-managed workstation on campus?
If you are on campus, log in to a computer with the username staff and password staff, and follow the instructions below (Note: this is for Windows computers only. It does not work on Deakin-managed Mac OS X computers).
1. Go to the Reset forgotten password web page and click Staff.
2. Enter your Employee ID1, Mobile Number2 and Date of Birth.
3. Enter the Captcha Code that is visible on the screen in the designated field, and click Check Captcha.
4. An SMS will be sent to your mobile phone with a validation/verification code.
5. Enter the validation/verification code and click Submit.
6. Enter your New Password, then enter it again under Verify Password - click Set Password.
The password will now be reset (assuming the nominated password complies with the password requirements).
7. Log in with your new password.
1 Your staff ID is displayed on your Deakin Staff card. If this is not available - or if your ID is unknown - please contact your supervisor.
2 If your current mobile phone number is not listed in StaffConnect, please contact the IT Service Desk to reset your password.
3 Some web applications - e.g. CloudDeakin, StaffConnect - may take 15 minutes to receive the new password.