Changing your password on a Deakin Mac
Note: Each time you change your Deakin password, you will also need to update the password for the Deakin services you have on your mobile device(s) (for example: email, wi-fi). If you don't update your details, your account may be locked, as your mobile devices will continually try and use your old password. Please close Outlook prior to changing your password for the same reason.
1. Ensure all applications are closed. Click the Apple menu > System Preferences.
2. Click Users and Groups.
3. Under the password section, click Change Password.
4. Update password as required, click Change Password.
5. Log off, then log on again.
6. When you log on again, you may be prompted by several applications to enter the new password. Tick 'Remember this password in my Keychain'.
7. Alternatively, after you've logged in, you can update each password in the Keychain individually:
- Open Finder. Click Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
- In the left-hand panel, under Keychains, select login. Under Category, select Passwords.
- In the top right corner, search for 'deakin'. This will list all Deakin related Keychain items.
- Double click on a Deakin related Application, for example: Network share drive.
- Tick Show Password.
- At the next prompt, enter the new Password and click Allow.
- Now update the old password, then click Save Changes.
Repeat step 7 until all Deakin related passwords have been updated.
You will need to change your password via the Password web page. See Changing your password using the Internet if you would like more information.
: It's strongly recommended that you change your password on campus whenever possible, to prevent login Keychain sync issues. If it is absolutely necessary - and you do change it off campus - make sure you click Update Keychain Password at the Keychain prompt.
More information: What are Deakin's password requirements?