Install Skype for Business (Lync) on your own computer (Mac)
This article describes how to install Skype for Business (Lync) on your own computer (one that is not managed by Deakin eSolutions).
Install the Lync app
1. Download Lync from the Microsoft Download Center.
2. Open your Downloads folder, and click the lync_mac.dmg to mount it.
3. Double click the Lync installer icon.
4. Click Continue.
5. Review the license terms and click Continue.
6. Click Agree.
7. Click Install - enter your local computer password, then click Install Software.
8. Click Close.
Sign in to Lync
1. Open the Lync application - accept the Licence Agreement.
2. Enter your full Deakin email address;
- Staff - email@example.com
- Student - firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Under User ID, enter your Deakin username as "du\username".
4. Enter your Deakin password.
5. Click Sign In.