Connecting to Wi-Fi (Wifi, eduroam) on Windows 7
Note: Deakin computers come pre-configured with eduroam wireless internet access.
1. Click the wireless network settings symbol in the Task Bar.
2. Click on the Deakin Setup network, and click Connect.
3. A web browser will automatically open and direct you to the Deakin University eduroam setup page.
- If this does not occur - open your preferred web browser and type www.deakin.edu.au in the address bar, press enter.
4. At the Deakin University eduroam setup page, click JoinNow.
5. You will be prompted to download the Wi-Fi_Deakin_University_Wrapper.exe file, click Save File.
6. Navigate to your downloads folder (or the alternative location you selected the file to download to) and double click the Wi-Fi_Deakin_University_Wrapper application to run.
7. Click Run when prompted with the security warning.
8. Click Yes when prompted by User Access Control.
9. Enter your Deakin Username and Password, click Next.
10. The application will run through a configuration process - Click Done. You are now connected to Deakin eduroam.