Establishing a secure(VPN) connection to Deakin using Junos Pulse (Mac OS X)
The Junos Pulse client is pre-installed on Mac OS X Deakin desktop workstations. It can also be installed from the Self Service Catalogue.
Use these instructions ito install the pre-configured version of the Junos Pulse client for a Mac OS X computer that is not managed by Deakin eSolutions (i.e. your personal laptop)
Installing the Junos Client
- Download the client from the Deakin Software Library.
- Under Connectivity tools, select Deakin Secure VPN Connection clients.
- Select the link to download the version appropriate for your computer. You will need to enter your Deakin username and password to download the installer from the Software Library.
- Launch the installer. The program will install the software and required settings - no further action is required.
- Restart your computer, when prompted to do so.
Establishing a Junos Pulse Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection
- The Junos Pulse icon appears in the menu bar (see below). Click on this to start a secure VPN connection.
- Select Deakin > Connect
- A green tick will appear over the Junos Pulse icon, when the connection is established. This may take a few minutes.
- To disconnect, click the Junos Pulse icon, then select Deakin > Disconnect. This will end your secure session.