How do I get Microsoft Office for free through Deakin University? (Windows)
This offer allows Deakin Students and Staff to install the Office 2013 (Windows) suite onto five computers for free whilst enrolled/employed at Deakin. The installation and management of the software is controlled through your Deakin Office 365 account.
This software will only be available to use during your active Student enrolment or Staff employment at Deakin University. The software downloaded during this period will expire when your enrolment/employment expires.
- You'll be prompted with Deakin's Single Sign On screen. Enter your Deakin Username and Password, then click Sign on.
2. From the Settings menu select Office 365 Settings.
3. On the Office 365 settings page click on Software.
4. Click on Office > Install.
The majority of users will use the default settings. If you require the 64 Bit Version select advanced.
Note: If you are unsure which version to install click the advanced link and then select the which version is right for me link.
5. When prompted to Run or Save the setup, select Run.
6. Accept the User Account Control prompt.
7. On the Welcome to your new Office window click next.
8. Select one of the radio buttons, then Accept the Microsoft Office License Agreement.
9. After the introductory video
at the Sign in
click No thanks, maybe later.
10. At the Meet OneDrive
screen, click Next
11. Select either the Take a look
or No, thanks
option to continue.
12. Select All done
13. The Office 365 software suite has now been installed on your PC and can be accessed through your Start
To install Office 365 onto another computer, you can follow the above steps again while logged onto the machine you would like to install Office on. You can also deactivate installations by returning to the Office 365 Settings page.