Changing your Deakin password using a Deakin Mac
For staff members that are currently off-campus with a Deakin Mac, a connection to the Deakin network must be established via Cisco AnyConnect before attempting the steps above to change your password. For instructions on how to download and install Cisco AnyConnect, click on the following link to view instructions for establishing a secure (VPN) connection to Deakin using Cisco AnyConnect (Mac OS X).
After a secure VPN connection has been established, follow the instructions above (under On campus) to change your password.
- Ensure all applications are closed. Click the Apple menu > System Preferences.
- Click Users and Groups.
- Under the password section, click Change Password.
- Update password as required, and click Change password.
- Log out, then log in again.
- When you log on again, you may be prompted by several applications to enter your new password. Tick 'Remember this password in my Keychain'.
- Alternatively, after you've logged in, you can update each password in the Keychain individually:
- Open Finder. Click Applications > Utilities > Keychain Access.
- In the left-hand panel, under Keychains, select login. Under Category, select Passwords.
- In the top-right corner, search for 'deakin'. This will list all Deakin-related Keychain items.
- Double-click on a Deakin-related application, for example: Network share drive.
- Tick Show Password.
- At the next prompt, enter the new Password and click Allow.
- Now update the old password, then click Save Changes.
Repeat step 7 until all Deakin-related passwords have been updated.
What are Deakin's password requirements?