How do I get Microsoft Office for free through Deakin University? (Windows)
This offer allows Deakin Students and Staff to install the Office 2016 (Windows) suite onto five computers for free whilst enrolled/employed at Deakin. The installation and management (licensing) of the software is controlled through your Deakin Office 365 account.
1. Using your preferred browser, sign into www.office.com/login and select Sign In
You'll be prompted with Microsoft's Sign On screen. Enter your Deakin Email Address, then click Next.
2. At the Deakin Single Sign On panel, enter your Deakin username and password.
Once you have been redirected to the Microsoft homepage, click on Install Office.
3. Download the setup application.
If you are prompted to Run or Save the setup. Select Run.
If you are only prompted to Save the setup, save it to your Downloads folder. Then open your Downloads folder and run the setup app.
4. Accept the User Account Control prompt.
5. Microsoft Office 2016 installation will commence.
6. Once installation is complete, click Close on the confirmation window.
7. Start one of the Office applications, such as Word. To do so, click Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office 2016, or use the icons in the Quick Launch bar.
8. If prompted for your email address, enter your Deakin email address in the following format:
Staff: Office may be automatically activated. If not, enter your email address as: firstname.lastname@example.org
Entering your personal (non-Deakin) email address will not correctly activate the software.
Note: If you are not prompted to automatically sign in please click File > Account > Sign-In.
9. At the Deakin Single Sign On panel, enter your Deakin username and password.
10. If prompted with the product license agreement, click Accept.
11. To confirm the software is activated, start any Office application, and look for your name and Deakin email address in the top right corner of the Document Gallery.
Students: Your name must appear in all uppercase.
Staff: Your name will appear in upper and lowercase based on how it is formatted in the staff directory.
You can also confirm activation by logging into www.deakin.edu.au/office365, then clicking Settings (cog icon) > Office365 > Install Status.
To install Office 365 on another computer, follow the above steps while logged onto the machine you would like to install Office on.
You can view all your current installations and deactivate any of them from the Install status menu.