How do I get Microsoft Office for free through Deakin University? (Windows)
This offer allows Deakin Students and Staff to install the Office 2013 (Windows) suite onto five computers for free whilst enrolled/employed at Deakin. The installation and management (licensing) of the software is controlled through your Deakin Office 365 account.
This software will only be available to use during your active Student enrolment or Staff employment at Deakin University. The software downloaded during this period will expire when your enrolment/employment expires.
- On the PC, sign into www.deakin.edu.au/office365
You'll be prompted with Deakin's Single Sign On screen. Enter your Deakin Username and Password, then click Sign on.
- Click the Settings cog, and under Your app settings select Office365.
- On the Settings page click on Software.
- Click on Office > Install.
The majority of users will use the default settings. If you require the 64 Bit Version select advanced.
Note: If you are unsure which version to install click the advanced link and then select the which version is right for me link.
- When prompted to Run or Save the setup, select Run.
- Accept the User Account Control prompt.
- On the Welcome to your new Office window click next.
- Select one of the radio buttons, then Accept the Microsoft Office License Agreement.
- After the introductory video at the Sign in screen, click No thanks, maybe later.
- At the Meet OneDrive screen, click Next.
- Select either the Take a look or No, thanks option to continue.
- Select All done.
- The Office 365 software suite has now been installed on your PC and can be accessed through your Start menu.
To install Office 365 on another computer, follow the above steps while logged onto the machine you would like to install Office on.
You can view all your current installations and deactivate any of them from the Install status menu.