How do I get Microsoft Office on my Mac for free?
This offer allows Deakin Students and Staff to install the Office suite onto five computers for free while enrolled or employed at Deakin. The installation and management of the software is controlled through your Deakin Office 365 account.
Downloading and installing Office 2016
- Browse to office.com/login
- Enter your Deakin email address, which will redirect you to Deakin sign on page
- Enter your Deakin username and password, then click Sign on.
- Click on the Settings (cog) icon and select Office 365 under Your app settings.
- Select Software.
- Click Office, then Install.
- The installer file (Microsoft_Office_2016_Installer.pkg) will download to your Downloads folder.
- Once the download has completed, open the installer file to start the install.
- Proceed through the guided steps as necessary - You may be prompted for your Mac password during this process.
- Click Close once prompted that Office installation has completed.
Activating Office 2016
- Open an Office program (e.g. Word, Excel etc).
- Select Activate and Sign in.
- Enter your Deakin email address and click Next.
- Enter your Deakin username and password, then click Sign On.
- Choose your theme and click Continue.
- Activation complete!