How do I create a Skype for Business meeting/webinar in Outlook? (Windows)
You can videoconference with anyone inside or outside Deakin by inviting them to an online meeting that you schedule in Outlook. Attendees simply click an email link to join the meeting, either using Skype for Business on their computer, the Skype for Business app on a mobile device or using their web-browser.
See also How do I setup a videoconference with an external contact using Skype for Business?.
If you are trying to create a Skype for Business meeting for a shared mailbox then you will have to create the meeting in OWA.
To schedule an online meeting
- Open your Outlook calendar and click New Appointment
- In the Appointment window, click New Skype Meeting.
If you do not see this button then you can enable it through File > Options > Add-ins > Manage Add-ins > "Skype Meeting Add-in for Microsoft Office 2016".
Outlook will add the Skype for Business online meeting controls into the appointment
- Invite contacts by entering their name or email address in the To... bar separated by semi-colons (use the full email address if inviting an external attendee)
It is recommended that you also email external contacts a link to the online helpsheet Joining a Skype for Business meeting from the Skype for Business web-app
- Enter the meeting details
- Click Meeting Options to change the online meeting options
- Click Scheduling Assistant to add rooms and resources as normal (if required)
- Click Send.
For a Deakin contact to join the meeting online
- Click Join Online in the Outlook meeting reminder
- OR - Open the appointment in your Outlook calendar and click the Join Skype Meeting
- Select Use Skype for Business (full audio and video) and click OK
An online meeting window will open with audio only.
- Click the Video icon to start your video
- Click the End Call icon to leave the online meeting
The online meeting ends when all participants have left the meeting.