How do I give someone access to a shared email mailbox?
To grant access to the shared mailbox, you must be one of the current owners of the managing group.
- Log in to the Identity and Access Management System (IAMS)
- Locate/search for the group that manages the mailbox.
- Select Edit
- Select the Members: Users tab
- Enter a Deakin username or name in the Add Member(s) text box
- Select the member from the search box and click Add.
- To add owners to the group, select owners, then enter in the username/name of the staff members you wish to add as owners. Note: only current owners may add staff members to this section.
- Allow ~15-30 minutes for the permission to take affect.